Filming and commercial photography
How do I get permission for drone filming?
Please complete and submit the , which has a section on drone filming. For public safety reasons, all drone pilots taking off from (or flying over) Borough Council-controlled property are required to provide copies of the following documents:
- Certificate of Competence in remote pilot theoretical knowledge and general airmanship from a CAA-approved trainer
- Certificate of recommendation for a CAA Standard Permission
- Certificate of Practical Flight Assessment
- Air Navigation Order for Small Unmanned Aircraft from the CAA
- Pre-flight briefing information, including risk assessment, method statement and proposed flight plan and arrangements for take-off/landing cordon
- Certificate of public liability insurance to a value of £10 million per claim
All drone operators must follow the Drone Code.