Toggle menu

Home contents insurance


The Council is responsible for insuring the property against fire, lightning, explosion and storm.

The Council's Insurance policy does not cover accidental damage. The Council is not responsible for damage caused by you (or other members of your household or visitors to it). You (and they) must not do or allow to be done in or about the property anything which may invalidate or otherwise adversely affect the insurance policy.

The Council does not insure any of the contents such as your furniture, belongings against theft, fire, vandalism and burst pipes and strongly recommends that you take out home contents insurance.

This can be either with a company of your choice or we offer our tenants a contents insurance scheme via Aviva.

Please refer to the  Home Contents Insurance Scheme booklet (PDF) [322KB] (opens new window)  for details of the scheme offered by the Council / Aviva.

Last modified on 27 September 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email