Toggle menu

Council Tax Discounts, Exemptions and Support

Can I get a Council Tax discount?

You may be entitled to a 25% single person discount if you are the only adult that lives in a property as your main/sole residence.

Complete this single person discount application form:

  • to apply for a single person discount
  • if you are already receiving a single person discount and need to notify us you are no longer the only adult living in the property

A 25% discount can also be awarded where all but one of the adult residents of the property are disregarded. For example, if the other person(s) is severely mentally impaired, a student or a careworker. You will need to complete a separate application for a Council Tax exemption or discount for this.

Last modified on 02 February 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email