Toggle menu

Council Tax Discounts, Exemptions and Support

What should I do if my circumstances change?

If any of the circumstances listed below apply to you, you must let us know immediately by filling out our change in circumstances form.

You must tell us if:

  • You move home (complete our online  form)
  • Your rent changes
  • Your landlord changes
  • Anyone moves in or out of your home
  • You get married or change your name
  • Anyone in your household has a change in their income
  • Anyone in your household goes into hospital or prison
  • Anyone in your household becomes a student, starts work or changes job
  • Your savings change
  • There is any other change that may affect your benefit

We will let you know the outcome when we come to a decision. If you haven't given us all the information we need we may suspend your claim until we have all the necessary details.

Last modified on 14 August 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email