Toggle menu

Rubbish and recycling

What should I do with commercial, business and trade waste?

Generally, you cannot dispose of it like household waste. A number of main Recycling Centre Plus sites across Norfolk will however, accept commercial waste at a charge, including:

The service is aimed at small businesses and travelling tradesmen who may not have the resource or the volume of waste to justify a commercial collection.

A range of materials are accepted from trade customers and prices start from a single bag charge. For more information on how the service works, the types of trade waste accepted and a full list of charges, please see Norfolk County Council's business waste (opens new window) service.

If you transport waste as part of your business you will need a waste carrier's licence. This is a requirement for all businesses, whether you are carrying your own waste or for other people/businesses. You can obtain a licence from the Environment Agency or by calling 03708 506506.

The business registration can be shown via a widget on your website, as per this example of the Council's own registration:

The registration number in the widget is a hyperlink to the full entry on the Environment Agency's Public Registers.

You can also contact Norse (opens new window) for advice or to set up a trade waste collection. Commercial waste carriers may offer different services. Please ensure that they hold the correct waste transfer and carrier licences as you are responsible for your own trade waste. You may find the information on the following pages helpful:

Last modified on 14 September 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email