Toggle menu

Complaint handling

The Housing Ombudsman

The Housing Ombudsman Service (opens new window) looks at complaints about registered providers of social housing including local authority housing and housing associations.

Its work includes resolving disputes impartially, providing dispute support as well as publishing insight and good practice.

The Housing Ombudsman is able to carry out thematic investigations to support the greater understanding of issues and to share best practice. Any calls for evidence and reports will be published on the Spotlight reports page of the Housing Ombudsman Service website (opens new window)

The Housing Ombudsman provide impartial advice and dispute support regarding complaints.  The Housing Ombudsman can be contacted at:


t: 0300 111 3000

or through their online complaint form accessed through How to contact the Housing Ombudsman

Social housing complaints: Make Things Right campaign

'Make Things Right' is a government campaign to help residents raise complaints if they are unhappy with their landlord and struggling to get problems resolved, with clear advice on how to progress issues to the Housing Ombudsman if necessary. The Social Housing Complaints - Make Things Right (opens new window) website provides information for social housing tenants on making complaints and how to get the right help and support when making a complaint.

Last modified on 03 April 2024

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email