Toggle menu

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

Do I need an HMO licence?

If your HMO has five or more occupants, forming two or more households, sharing one or more of the standard amenities you need to apply for a licence. HMOs that are only made up of self-contained flats do not require a licence, although individual flats may need a licence if the relevant criteria apply. 

Last modified on 22 September 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email