Toggle menu

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

How do I apply for an HMO licence?

If your HMO requires a licence you should read our Application for a Licence for a House in Multiple Occupation - Guidance notes on applying for an HMO licence.

All HMO licence applications are processed through our HMO application service partner Home Safe. To submit your application, visit the Great Yarmouth Borough Council HMO Mandatory Licensing (opens new window) website.

Payment will be required upon application and if everything is satisfactory with your application Home Safe will forward your payment to us with the recommendation to issue your licence.

Please take note that if you are considering applying for an HMO licence, you should contact the Council's Planning Team to check that the property has planning permission for HMO use.

Last modified on 22 April 2024

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email